Wednesday, July 1, 2009

New Router

Yesterday, a new router was delivered to our home. I bought this D-Link DIR-855 Wireless-N gigabit router on eBay a couple of weeks ago. I was a little hesitant to get Wireless-N because the standard still hasn't been finalized. However, I have been wanting a gigabit router and we've been having weak signal problems with our wireless laptops upstairs. So, after some research, I decided on this dualband D-Link.



It replaces our old trusty Linksys WRT54GS Wireless-G router. It has worked great for years, but now it is time to retire it, partly because it is only 100 mbit.



Another nice feature of the new router is the ability to schedule the wireless access. When school starts, I want to block wireless access after bedtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment